Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting Back To Normal...

It has been difficult these past weeks. Losing Pastor Ken was one of the most difficult things I have ever faced. There have been two men in my life that have made an indelible spiritual mark on me, and both of them died unexpectedly and way too young. Some of the shock of this most recent loss is wearing off, but the disbelief and grief are still raw. The numbness is better, but the pain is fresh.

In the middle of all that, my mom suffered a stroke and died. For a few days, things seemed almost overwhelming. It seemed that the whole world was saturated with tears and adrenaline.

As many of us have said in the past few weeks – without God, how could anyone face this? And I am quick to add – and a church family. I cannot count the times someone from our church has comforted me, encouraged me, shed tears with me, prayed for and with me, and fed me.

Of course, they are one and the same. God chooses to work in the world through His people.

Hmmm... bet there is a sermon in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment